At a time when change is faster than ever, eLearning has transformed the landscape of learning and development. Digital revolution and smartphone boom has triggered huge changes in how we access, consume, discuss, and share content. E-learning is gaining popularity globally, as many individuals, institutions and organization are taking cues from E-learning in improving their performances. The worldwide market for Mobile Learning products and services reached $5.3 billion in 2012. With a compound annual growth rate of 18.2% for the next five years, it is estimated that the worldwide mobile learning market will reach $12.2 billion by 2017.
It’s no wonder why millions of students from all around the world opt for online degree programs or take at least one college course through an online platform. Online learning has to be the greatest revolution in contemporary education. It made a huge change in the system and opened great opportunities for everyone who wants to learn something. Employees who have the online training they need to do their jobs effectively, are more confident in the workplace. They are also more satisfied with the organization, as a whole, and are less likely to leave.
E-learning has contributed widely to the success of different careers, as it allows you study at your own convenience. You can pick the program of your dreams in a traditional education, too, but that would involve traveling away from home, living in a completely unknown city, and struggling in an extremely competitive learning environment. With online education, you can take any program or course present in traditional four-year universities. The good news is that with eLearning you can learn and get certified wherever you are located.
It doesn’t matter where your career stands at this moment; an online program will always look good on your resume. It will show potential employers that you’re committed to learning and you’re eager to obtain more knowledge and new skills. Hiring managers don’t see online degrees as inferior to traditional ones. A degree is a degree. If you obtain an online degree, you’ll boost your career with the speed of light. You will certainly become a better candidate for a job promotion, and your resume will look much better when you apply for new positions.
Online courses and degree programs are more convenient and cheaper than their counterparts in traditional education. Those are the two main advantages of online learning that lead many students to opt for online platforms when they want to earn a degree or certificate. The best thing about online learning is that you can learn in a relaxed manner even if you don’t want to get certified. You only need passion for learning and a quick online search that will take you to the right course. From that point on, you will be the master of your own education.
Benefits of taking an E-learning Course
- E-learning courses are scalable, which means courses are easily be upgraded. E-learning enables learners to quickly create and communicate new policies, training, ideas, and concepts. Be it for entertainment or formal education.
- Capacity and Consistency – Using E-learning allows educators to achieve a great degree of coverage for their target audience, and it ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion. This results in all learners receiving the same training.
- High Learning Retention – Blended learning approaches result in a higher knowledge retention rate. It also helps that coursework can be refreshed and updated whenever needed.
- It Saves time and money. E-learning reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel, and removes the need for classroom-based training.
- Flexible – Taking an E-learning course, can give employees and students the freedom to learn at their own convenience, and at a pace that is right for them. Staff can be trained in remote locations and in a consistent fashion as anyone receiving on-site training. There is always room for self-paced learning, what does this mean? Self-paced learning means that the students can start completing the targets at any time, and he can arrange a learning schedule that meets his individual needs. A self-paced system enables learners to make progress with rhythm that suits them. This type of system does not require attending live sessions; you can access the materials at any time that works for you. If you have to work or take care of your home and children during the day, you can study at night. That’s an advantage the traditional educational system cannot beat.
- E-learning courses provides engagement for the learners with the use of Gamification. Gamification in E-learning courses, helps in building engagements. The adoption of game-like elements in E-learning has proven to be very effective as it motivates and engages learners. If you are using a reward system, such as badges or points, you can allow your students and users to use those badges and points for real benefits. Implementing a gaming reward system, based on specific activities within your eLearning course, encourages students to accomplish those tasks in your desired order which in turn boosts productivity. A University of Colorado study by Traci Sitzmann found that students scored 14% higher after taking a gamified course on a subject than those who took a traditional course.
To get hands-on experience and discover TRUE online learning, register for free today at e-training Institute. All online courses provided by e-training Institute are designed and developed under a tried and tested Unique Learning Framework that is proven to deliver 98.6% pass rate at first attempt.
To enroll for any online course of your choice from over 400+ courses & certifications. CLICK HERE to register & get started today.